Friday, April 10, 2009

Newton Running Shoes

I just got a pair of Newton running shoes....yes, I did. I'm very curious if they will help me in the transition from bike to run in triathlon. The more biomechanics research I read, the more I believe that for some runners they may be helpful. I'm not saying I completely support their use just yet, but I'll keep you posted! The research is quite good and anecdotal evidence from all my triathlon peeps is good!
Here is a video that outlines the basis of Newton shoes.



I'll update periodically so you know how the trial is going!

Run Happy! And don't be afraid to try new things!

1 comment:

stevespeirs said...

Good luck with the Newtons! I'm loving the Neutral Racers I bought a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to receiving the cushioned trainers early next week.

Hope they work out for you,

--Steve
--runbulldogrun.com