Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Exercise Doesn't Boost Metabolism?

There goes my theory that I can eat whatever I want and just run more! I even have a t-shirt that says, "Do I eat to run or run to eat?" A new study just published refutes the theory that exercise boosts your metabolism and makes you into a fat burning machine. Too bad....guess I'll have to work on that diet if I slow down. Don't get me wrong, they didn't say you don't burn more calories or feel better with exercise. What they cited is that you don't necessarily burn more fat. Perhaps this is why I know more than a few people that train for an Ironman and still have a beer gut! To read the entire article, click on the link below....time for the old calorie counter...ugh! Does this mean no more bagel and a beer after a long run?

"Exercise not likely to rev up your metabolism
Studies bust myth that working out gives you a fat-burning boost"


"The biggest thing standing between you and your next PR is injuries"....Be proactive, not reactive! click here to purchase Dr Crane's new book on running injuries!

No comments: